I am so excited to write this blog post because I finally made some moola after one long year. If you’re new to my blog, I’ve mentioned a few times that I have been blogging on and off for over a year now. But it was mostly off – probably 8 months or even longer.
I consider May 2018 to be the first month of real blogging. That would make this my second month of real blogging.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN ME!
JUNE 2018 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
I was really ambitious and focused on my blog the first half of June, but I couldn’t do much the second half due to traveling. Who knew moving around every day would be so tiring.
1. My Pinterest account went from 0 to 360 followers, 0 to 49k average monthly viewers in a month after I purchased the Pinterest Traffic Avalanche course.
2. Wrote 11 blog posts:
- May 2018 Income Report: How I lost $157 Blogging
- How to Start a Blog for Non-Techies with Free Set Up
- 9 Biggest Blogging Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- 7 Tips on How to Survive a Red-eye Flight
- 10 Ways to Save Money on Medications
- 8 Steps on How to Prepare for a Layoff
- 12 Side Hustles to Make Extra Money Fast
- 10 Easy Ways to Save $5,000 a Year and Turn it Into $87,000
- How I Paid Off $130,000+ in Student Loans in Less Than 5 Years
- How to Come Up with the Perfect Blog Name
- How I Made My Very First $25 Blogging in Less Than 5 Minutes
3. Joined a few Pinterest Group Boards
4. Joined a few Facebook groups
JUNE 2018 BLOG INCOME REPORT: $52.43
I know it’s not much, but I am so excited. We all have to start somewhere. Sometimes it just takes longer for some people.
JUNE 2018 BLOG EXPENSES: $0
I already prepaid for hosting with SiteGround so I will not include it in this post. I will only include expenses that I actually have to pay during the month of the monthly income/expense report.
JUNE 2018 BLOGGING GOALS REVISITED
- Get 10,000 page views – EPIC FAIL. When I made this goal, I didn’t even know what I was doing. 10K page views is very ambitious especially since I started out close to zero.
- 500 followers on Pinterest – FAIL. I currently have 360 followers. I could have reached my goal if I didn’t slack off the last 2 weeks.
- 20 email subscribers – FAIL. I am very happy with the 5 subscribers I got though. YAY!
- Write 20 blog posts – FAIL. It would have been possible if I didn’t travel. It was so much work trying to plan a 3-week trip. I thought I would be able to work on my blog during the trip, but I wasn’t possible for me.
- Make ANY money from ads – YAY…I made $1.23 from Media.net
- Get my Google Adsense account approved – FAIL. I tried a couple of time and it kept rejecting. I read that once it’s rejected, it will just keep rejecting. There is a way to go around it, but I just didn’t want to bother with it. Once I reach a certain number of readers, I will apply for a different ad network.
- Email 100 board owners on Pinterest to let me join their boards – FAIL. I emailed about 50 group board owners and nobody responded back except for 1 guy. He told me to reapply once I have more than 3000 pins and 3000 followers. At this time, I had close to 20k average monthly viewers, but Pinterest didn’t update my account for 2 weeks and it kept showing only 299 average monthly viewers. I stopped sending out emails until it got updated.
- Get into 20 Pinterest boards – FAIL. I managed to get into 10.
JULY 2018 BLOGGING GOALS
- Get 10,000 page views
- 750 followers on Pinterest
- 20 email subscribers
- Write 15 blog posts
- Join 20 Pinterest group boards
- Join 5 Facebook groups
- Make $100
I am setting some ambitious goals again for July. I went from 0 to 2000 page views for the month of June. I am not sure if I will be able to achieve the 10k page views since I won’t have much time to promote and work on it this month.
I am working on the list of Pinterest group boards that accept new bloggers to help my readers.
I have a lot of blog post topics to write about. I just need to get back into my blogging schedule once I am back home.
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS:
These are the tools that helped me with my blog:
Tailwind – Tailwind is a scheduling tool for Pinterest, but it is so much more than that. It knows when is the best time to schedule your pins to get the most impressions. My favorite is Tailwind Tribes. Tribes are like Pinterest group boards. You get 5 Tailwind Tribes and 30 free pins to Tribes even if you don’t sign up for the paid version of Tailwind scheduler. There is no reason to not use it.
ShareASale – ShareASale is a network of affiliates that bloggers can use to generate income from their blogs. I have a few affiliated products that I recommend that go through ShareASale such as NameCheap (where I get my domains from).
SiteGround – I signed up for SiteGround to host my domain after just 2 months of using Bluehost. Bluehost was causing my site to be really slow. SiteGround has the best customer service and an amazing technical team. I am not a technical person AT ALL and SiteGround has made it so easy for me.
- Bluehost vs SiteGround review: Which Web Host Made My Site Faster
- How to Start a Blog with SiteGround – for non-techies
I wasn’t able to do much blogging while traveling. I thought I would have more time to work on it since I wasn’t working. I should have saved some blog posts to schedule them while I am on the road.
I am happy that I went from negative to $52.43 though. It’s amazing how things can happen when you really set goals and work towards it.
Recommendations For You
- Free Blogging Resources – Free resources to help you start and grow your blog. I will continue to add more tips and tools.
- Free Guide to Starting Your Own Blog for Non-Techies – Step-by-step instruction on how to start a blog from start to finish.
- eBates – Get cash back just for shopping online at the stores you love. Get $10 back when you spend your first $25.