There are so many income reports of how someone makes X amount of money blogging and yet I don’t see any negative income reports. I can’t be the only one out there not making any money blogging.
I think it is important to let new bloggers know how hard it can be to earn money at first, but that doesn’t mean it will stay that way forever.
I have been blogging on and off for over a year now. But the off period was a lot longer than the on period. I think my blog and I broke up for about 8 months or so.
I consider May 2018 to be the first month of real blogging. I knew I had to make some changes if I wanted to earn any money from my blog.
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Even though I haven’t made a penny and actually in the red, I still recommend blogging as a way to make money because I truly believe in it.
Updated June 2, 2018: WOW…I am not even done with my May income report and I just saw that I made 14 cents from ads. IT DOES WORK if you know what the heck you’re doing!
May 2018 Accomplishments
1. I focused more on Pinterest and grew my followers from 0 to 182 in a week (at the time of this post) after I purchased the Pinterest Traffic Avalanche course
2. Managed to write 2 blog posts:
- SiteGround vs Bluehost Review: Which One Made My Site Faster
- 5 Tips On How To Find Motivation To Keep Blogging
3. Signed up for Media.Net ad network since Google Adsense denied my application.
I didn’t accomplish much for May, but I did more than those months I didn’t blog at all.
May 2018 Blog Income Report: $0
I never really looked into monetizing my blog because I was too focused on trying to make it “pretty”. That’s the biggest mistake I learned. It doesn’t hurt to have ads on your blog. A penny is a penny.
May 2018 Blog Expenses: $157
I knew about Pinterest Traffic Avalanche for a while now, but I didn’t want to spend money since I haven’t made any money. I went back and forth for weeks. After I spent so many hours reading so many blog posts and got nowhere, I decided to purchase the course especially when I saw the promotion for it. The course is normally $197. My Pinterest account went from 0 to 182 followers in a week!
I already prepaid for hosting with SiteGround so I will not include it in this post. I will only include expenses that I actually have to pay during the month of the monthly income/expense report. I started my blog using Bluehost and there were just so many problems. The biggest problem was speed. You can click here to read why I switched from Bluehost to SiteGround.
June 2018 Blogging Goals:
I haven’t really been ambitious with my blog when it comes to monetization. I have been working very hard on it, but I have been focusing on all the wrong things. I spent countless hours just to change the font size/style back and forth. I focused on the things that nobody cares about.
I will be traveling for the second half of June and won’t be back until the first half of July. I won’t be able to blog much while I am on the road. I have to really focus and accomplish my goals early.
- Get 10,000 pageviews
- 500 followers on Pinterest
- 20 email subscribers
- Write 20 blog posts
- Make ANY money from ads. I would be happy with anything
Getting 10,000 pageviews will not be easy for me since I barely have any right now, but this time around I know what to focus on and hopefully, my plan will work out. I managed to go from 0 to 182 followers on Pinterest after 1 week of taking the eCourse Pinterest Traffic Avalanche. The course is so amazing and I plan to write a review on it later.
Collecting email subscribers might be the hardest thing to do on my list, but I am throwing it out there to have a goal for me to work towards to.
Writing 20 blog posts in a month will be a challenge seeing how I only wrote about 10 posts my first year blogging. I need to finish a post every day in order to accomplish this goal.
To Do List for June 2018:
I plan to spend 40 hours of real blogging time for June. It’s doable if you break it down to 10 hours a week or a little less than 2 hours a day.
- Learn how to use Tailwind. I already signed up to get 100 free pins scheduled, but I haven’t had a chance to learn it yet. You can also click on my link to get 1 free month.
- Learn how to make better and faster pins. I spend more time making ugly pins than I do writing a blog post. It usually takes me a couple of days to produce a pin. I need to cut it down to 30 minutes a pin.
- Get my Google Adsense account approved.
- Email 100 board owners on Pinterest to let me join their boards.
- Get into 20 Pinterest boards.
Even though I didn’t make any money and had to spend some money. I actually feel really good about this and I cannot wait to see what I can accomplish for June 2018. If I keep this up, I think I can start to make money by the end of August. Hopefully, it will happen 🙂